C&D Waste Recycling
CDE equipment currently diverts over 15 million tonnes of C&D waste material from landfill sites every year, creating high-quality sand and aggregates in the process. Our portfolio of C&D waste recycling wet processing projects is the largest in the world, and it includes the world's largest C&D waste recycling wet processing facility in Norway.
Working in partnership with our customers across the world, CDE is creating a circular economy in the construction sector, "Championing Sustainability To Create A New World of Resource" in the process.
60% of the materials use in the construction industry are non-structural, while 75% of concrete is non-structural. Recycled sand and aggregates have a wide range of uses across a variety of construction applications. By introducing our advanced wet processing systems for construction, demolition, and excavation waste you can truly realise the value that exists in your waste material.
Benefits of a CDE C&D Waste Recycling Plant
- Maximise the recycling of construction, demolition and excavation waste
- Maximise the production of high quality, high value recycled sand and aggregates which can be used as a replacement for natural materials in a range of construction applications including concrete and asphalt production
- Ensure the ability to meet the growing demand for sand and aggregates from a sustainable source
- Protecting sand and aggregate supply in areas where natural reserves are in decline
- Minimising transport costs for sand and aggregates – recycled materials are typically produced closer to urban centres
- Reduce the carbon footprint of your processing operation by producing recycled sand and aggregates closer to market
It is only through the introduction of a washing plant for your C&D waste that you will maximise material recovery and maximise the removal of the various contaminants that will otherwise restrict the final destination for your recycled sand and aggregate products.
These contaminants include:
Due to the highly variable nature of construction, demolition and excavation waste each plant we design is built according to the specific requirements of the project. Differing levels of contamination fines content and variability of input materials (excavation waste, railway ballast etc) requires an individual approach to each and every recycling plant for construction and demolition waste that we build.
Each plant we design includes a variety of processing phases depending on your specific requirements:
- Feeding & pre-screening
- Aggregate scrubbing
- Contaminant removal
- Metals removal
- Sand washing
- Aggregate sizing
- Primary stage water treatment
- Sludge Management