Please fill in the short form below and we will get back to you shortly
Modular wet processing plants for frac sand production
The CDE FracLine system revolutionises the production of frac sand and has significant benefits for frac sand producers:
• Maximum process efficiency – our modular system is individually configured to the requirements of your project and our focus on transfer point efficiency and cut point control maximises product yield from your frac sand deposit.
• Intelligent Process integration – feeding, classification, scrubbing, sand dewatering and stacking are all included on a single machine which is factory built, pre-wired and extensively tested before delivery to your frac sand processing site. From delivery to site your frac sand processing plant will be installed and commissioned in less than 6 weeks.
• Compact & modular design – the FracLine design allows for a significant reduction in the space required to accommodate your frac sand processing plant. This reduces overall project costs through a reduction in associated civils works and the reduction in vehicle movements once you are up and running.
• Minimal environmental impact – by introducing our water recycling, thickening and tailings management technologies you can recycle up to 95% of the process water back to your frac sand plant and eliminate the requirement for tailings dams. In addition to the environmental benefits this also protects the health & wellbeing of your site personnel.
• Fits inside a building – the FracLine has been designed to allow for installation inside a permanent structure. With Frac sand deposits in North America typically located in Wisconsin and other areas which experience harsh winters this allows you to run your frac sand processing plant 24/7/365 – maximising production and the return on your investment.
What is Frac sand?
Frac sand specifications are the responsibility of the American Petroleum Institute (API) and the current standard is API RP56.
The API specifications for frac sands are very demanding and as a result suitable sand deposits are limited. The limited availability of suitable reserves for frac sand mining coupled with growing demand ensures a high price for any producers able to meet the API RP56 frac sand specifications.
Natural sands must be from high silica (quartz) sandstones or unconsolidated deposits.
Frac sands must be more than 99% quartz or silica.
Other essential requirements are that particles are well rounded, relatively clean of other materials or impurities and will facilitate the production of fine, medium and coarse grain sands.