C&D Waste Recycling
CDE equipment currently diverts over 17 million tons of construction, demolition and excavation waste material from landfill sites every year, creating high-quality sand and aggregates for customers across the world in the process. Our portfolio of C&D waste recycling wet processing projects is the largest in the world, and it includes the world's largest C&D waste recycling wet processing facility in Norway.
From Aruba and New York City to London, Oslo, Paris, and Melbourne, we have delivered over 100 waste recycling projects across the world.
60% of the materials use in the construction industry are non-structural, while 75% of concrete is non-structural. Recycled sand and aggregates have a wide range of uses across a variety of construction applications. By introducing our advanced wet processing systems for construction, demolition, and excavation waste you can truly realize the value that exists in your waste material.
Benefits of a CDE C&D Waste Recycling Plant
- Maximize the recycling of construction, demolition and excavation waste
- Maximize the production of high quality, high value recycled sand and aggregates which can be used as a replacement for natural materials in a range of construction applications including concrete and asphalt production
- Ensure the ability to meet the growing demand for sand and aggregates from a sustainable source
- Protecting sand and aggregate supply in areas where natural reserves are in decline
- Minimizing transport costs for sand and aggregates – recycled materials are typically produced closer to urban centers
- Reduce the carbon footprint of your processing operation by producing recycled sand and aggregates closer to market
It is only through the introduction of a washing plant for your C&D waste that you will maximize material recovery and maximize the removal of the various contaminants that will otherwise restrict the final destination for your recycled sand and aggregate products.
These contaminants include:
Due to the highly variable nature of construction, demolition and excavation waste each plant we design is built according to the specific requirements of the project. Differing levels of contamination fines content and variability of input materials (excavation waste, railway ballast etc) requires an individual approach to each and every recycling plant for construction and demolition waste that we build.
Each plant we design includes a variety of processing phases depending on your specific requirements:
- Feeding & pre-screening
- Aggregate scrubbing
- Contaminant removal
- Metals removal
- Sand washing
- Aggregate sizing
- Primary stage water treatment
- Sludge Management